server funding

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Wed Jun 25 13:10:25 UTC 2014

In freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 525, Issue 3, Message: 31
On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 15:43:57 +0700 Victor Sudakov <vas at mpeks.tomsk.su> wrote:

 > > > The people at devio.us must be crazy. I have tried to sign up out of
 > > > curiosity, and their web registration form replied that 'Email field
 > > > contains invalid characters'. What's invalid about vas at mpeks.tomsk.su ?
 > > >

 > > .su?
 >
 > Which character is invalid? "s", "u" or "." ?
 >
 > Seriously, with the abundance of newfangled TLDs like .catholic or
 > .black, who in the world can have anything against .su ?

The following errors were encountered:
    * Email field contains invalid characters

It doesn't like my smithi.id.au address either, and after I'd written
such a polite 'why I want an account' story .. so if he's picking on
Ruskies, he's picking on Aussies too :)

I wonder if .us addresses are even available outside the US?  Major
subdomains of .us include US states for example, and schools and such.

You can't register an .id.au domain unless an individual resident in
Australia; the DNS hasn't yet entirely been taken over by corporations.

Of course, if I could only afford .everything I could rule the world ..

cheers, Ian