Xorg 7.7 suddenly lost the keyboard

Peter Ulrich Kruppa ulrich at pukruppa.de
Tue Jun 17 14:53:58 UTC 2014

Am 15.06.2014 16:32, schrieb Jukka Ukkonen:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I recently had a very peculiar experience with Xorg 7.7 on an amd64
> system running FreeBSD 10-stable.
> Suddenly any and all X11 applications lost the keyboard. When using
> vanilla vt only the same keyboard
> works just fine.
> I guess this happened after I had updated the ports tree using svn and
> run "portupgrade --batch -y -a".
I can confirm this. If you've got some spare minutes try this:

# cd /usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-input-keyboard/
# make deinstall
# cd /usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-input-mouse/
# make deinstall
# cd /usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-input-keyboard/
# make install
# cd /usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-input-mouse/
# make install

For unknown reasons both my keyboard and my mouse now work fine again!

Greetings

Peter