FreeBSD NAS hardware suggestions

Mike. the.lists at mgm51.com
Mon Jul 21 18:00:35 UTC 2014

On 7/21/2014 at 11:49 AM cruxpot wrote:

|I do not believe the seagate NAS drive is based on the 7200.11
platform.
|It
|is a newer series and I could not find much information on long term
|stability.
|
|Is the 2TB limitation going to cause issues on the BIOS?

Thanks for the follow-up.

Regarding the BIOS... I tend to install the OS on, and boot from, a
smaller drive than 2TB.  I leave the array for data-only usage.  My
next iteration will probably boot from a ZFS mirror, but it will
still be separate from the larger data array, so 2TB BIOS issues
won't be a concern.