Images in freebsd-doc

Carl Johnson carlj at peak.org
Sat Jul 5 22:19:51 UTC 2014

I usually prefer to use local documentation, so I have the
en-freebsd-doc package installed (the freebsd-doc-en port).  My browser
doesn't show any images and it turns out that they have really screwy
paths to those images.  For example, the image for figure 2.4 in section
2.5.1 is (warning: *long* line)
'file:///wrkdirs/usr/ports/misc/freebsd-doc-en/work/doc/share/images/books/handbook/bsdinstall/bsdinstall-keymap-select-default.png.
The actual path for the image is
file:///usr/local/share/doc/freebsd/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/bsdinstall/bsdinstall-keymap-select-default.png,
but the relative location is just
bsdinstall/bsdinstall-keymap-select-default.png.

Is there a reason for using that kind of path for the image when the
installed path isn't remotely like that?  Should I munge apache to
somehow get to that path, or should I file a PR to try to get something
reasonable?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Carl Johnson		carlj at peak.org