openjdk-7.45.18_1 is forbidden: Triggering a nasty FreeBSD bug.

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 3 07:02:06 UTC 2014

On 03/01/2014 00:31, Stephen Cook wrote:
> I can't find what the actual bug is... I mean, if it will just make
> Minecraft unstable it is no big deal, I want to play with my kid. If it
> erases the hard drive or lights something on fire I can wait.

Running java will cause your FreeBSD machine to panic and reboot.  It's
a problem in FreeBSD that the latest versions of java have tickled.  The
10.0-rc4 builds contain a fix as do STABLE-10 and STABLE-9.  Not sure if
that's been MFC'd to STABLE-8 yet, and it hasn't been applied to any of
the RELEASE branches yet.

This is the fix to HEAD:

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=259951

	Cheers,