KGpg unable to detect "gpg-agent"

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Fri Dec 12 13:47:22 UTC 2014

Fri, 12 Dec 2014 08:44:48 -0500

When attempting to use KGpg, I receive this error message:

The use of GnuPG Agent is enabled in GnuPG's configuration file (/home/gerard/.gnupg/gpg.conf).
However, the agent does not seem to be running. This could result in problems with signing/decryption.
Please disable GnuPG Agent from KGpg settings, or fix the agent.

The agent is running:

gerard     37899  0.0  0.1   45412   3248  -  Ss   Sun08AM    0:06.36 gpg-agent

What is the problem? I tried rebooting without success.

--
Jerry