suggestion for an all-in-one with multi page scanner

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Mon Dec 1 19:51:43 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014, Luca Ferrari wrote:
>Hi all,
>Christmas is approaching and I'd like a suggestion for an all-in-one
>device with multipage scanner. In particular I'm interested in the
>printer and scanner, I don't need the fax device. And of course it is
>supposed to fully work with FreeBSD.

I have a Ricoh Aficio SP C242 sf color laser which works pretty
well.  Toner costs is about 1/3 that of my HP CP2024dn. The ADF
works nicely when configured to send scans to a server via ftp.
The biggest problem is that VueScan doesn't support it directly,
but requires TWAIN drivers which are a bit slow as then need to
search for the scanner every time it hits the scanner to preview
or scan.

The Epson WorkForce units work very nicely, and are considerably
less expensive than the Ricoh.  The 3840 has duplex scanning and
printing, and works nicely with VueScan.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

The state represents violence in a concentrated and organized form.  The
individual has a soul, but as the state is a soulless machine, it can never
be weaned from violence to which it owes its very existence.
  -- Mahatma Gandhi