Install package inside a no-networked jail from outside

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon Dec 1 03:39:05 UTC 2014

On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 22:52:49 -0430, Alberto Mijares wrote:
> This was my first approach; however, you need to bootstrap pkg and
> AFAIK this is not possible without networking. BTW, I think pkg should
> be installed by default now.

It is installed in the special incarnation that the
"OS pkg" does fetch the current "port pkg". This
approach makes it easier to continuously develop
pkg and improve its features. However, the call
for a "basic functional pkg" in the OS is justified
and understandable, so you can have a tool to install
binary packages from the installation media - except,
of course, the installation media also contains a
"port pkg" that is being installed first, so it can
then proceed to install the intended packages.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany