Install package inside a no-networked jail from outside

Luzar luzar722 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 02:03:55 UTC 2014

Alberto Mijares wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have a jail with no network configuration. I'd like to install
> packages from outside using pkg.
>
> I tried -c and -j options but they try to use the networking
> enviroment inside the jail, so it fails.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> Alberto Mijares

You have to provide greater details when posting.
This sentence is very vague."I'd like to install packages from outside
using pkg"

Just what do you mean by "outside"? From the HOST??? What?.

You could aways host fetch the packages you want to install and put them
in a directory inside of the jail directory tree
and them exec pkg pointing to location packages were fetched to, or if
the packages you want are on the freebsd install disk1,
then exec pkg  command inside of jail pointing to install cd.

A jail without network is pretty much useless.