Virtualbox questions ....

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Thu Aug 28 15:37:02 UTC 2014

I just pkg-installed virtualbox-ose  virtualbox-ose-additions
virtualbox-ose-kmod & whatever they wanted as dependencies. I followed
most of the directions at
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/virtualization-host-virtualbox.html,
until I got down to the part about changing permissions for
|/dev/vboxnetctl .... there is no such animal on my box (FBSD 9.3
64-bit, new install) .... I skipped down to launch virtualbox, which
failed as root because of no display set, but worked as regular user (I
am su'ed into root from regular user, not console logged in, that may be
the problem) .... Is anyone using VBox under FBSD 9.3 (w/ desktop, XFCE
or other) to run Win7 VM's ? Any advice/gotchas/wisdom/etc. :-) ? TIA ....|

--

	William A. Mahaffey III