Order of geli "passphrase prompt" on boot

Francesco Toscan f.toscan at hotmail.it
Thu Aug 28 15:20:54 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 12:42:31PM +0100, Miguel Clara wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> Does any one know if there's a way to change the order of the passphrase
> prompt when the disk is encrypted?
>
> The ways it is now devices get detected after this prompt (usb devices it
> seems) and makes the prompt kind of hidden which complicates things for
> less experience users!

I experienced this issue running 9.0.
10-RELEASE seems fine (as works for me...) but i didn't investigate.

If your root partition is not encrypted, you can try to mount encrypted
volumes later, adding the relevant bits into /etc/rc.local or a rc.d
script. Just remove the BOOT flag from your volumes with

geli configure -B provider

--
f.

"Corruptissima re publica, plurimae leges"
	-- Publius Cornelius Tacitus