Apache 2.4, mod_php5 and php5_extensions from latest ports

Matthew Seaman matthew at freebsd.org
Thu Aug 28 14:15:06 UTC 2014

On 08/28/14 14:13, Frank Leonhardt wrote:
> The problem comes with the php5_extensions. I've got Apache up and
> running, with the www/mod_php5 port working but when I compile and
> install lang/php5-extensions (or any of its components), Apache barfs on
> start-up. I'm not a PHP person so I'm a bit out of my depth here.
>
> First off, it couldn't find any of the extensions because it was looking
> in:
>
> /usr/local/lib/php/20100525-zts
>
> The extensions installed in the same directory, but without the -zts
> tag, so I put in a symbolic link (wishful thinking!). Now it's finding
> them but each module produces either one or other of the warnings below:

You've turned on the Zend Thread Safety option in at least one of the
PHP ports, but not in all of them.  The rule with ZTS is that either you
turn it on everywhere, or you turn it off everywhere.  To fix:

    # cd /usr/ports/lang/php5
    # make config
    (change the options as required)
    # cd /usr/ports/www/mod_php5
    # make config
    (ditto)

Then rebuild and reinstall php5, mod_php5 and all of your php
extensions. This step is perhaps somewhat overkill, but if you do this,
you can be sure everything will work OK.  (It should be possible to get
away with recompiling only some of those ports, but you'll need to work
out which ones for yourself.)

	Cheers,

	Matthew