vmware and jails

doug at safeport.com doug at safeport.com
Thu Aug 14 19:43:02 UTC 2014

I am using vmware 6.0.4 on lion 10.7.5 to test stuff. Configuring the virtual
machine to bridge::ethernet works fine for the host. The jail can ping the Mac,
the host and itself via IP but nothing else. I can provide more details but
solutions I found do not work, I have not tried NAT as that (apparently) needs
to be done when building the VM machine. I have tried all the options available
including sharing the network with the mac and add the FreeBSD host and jail IPs
via ifconfig. Thanks for any thoughts.

BTW as long as there is no resolv.conf I can ssh in fine. With a resolv.conf
both starting the jail and ssh have to wait for DNS timeout (no routes).

_____
Douglas Denault
http://www.safeport.com
doug at safeport.com