operation not permitted on entropy file

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Aug 13 08:31:41 UTC 2014

On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 18:18:49 -0700, David Benfell wrote:
> But actually, this may be simpler than that. It *finally* occurred to
> me to look in the rc.conf man page for moused options. I now have:
>
> moused_enable="YES"
> moused_nondefault_enable="YES"
> moused_type="AUTO"

As I said, for USB mice this shouldn't be needed.

> But I don't currently have a mouse plugged into the system to test it
> with. It looks like the moused_type option requires the mouse to be
> plugged in, whereas supposedly the moused_nondefault_enable option
> allows moused to recognize the mouse when it is plugged in.

You can use "moused -d -f <other options>" for testing.
Basically, you need to specify _type for non-"normal" mice,
and maybe even _flags to make them work as intended.

Here's an example:

	moused_enable="YES"
	moused_port="/dev/cuaa0"
	moused_type="mousesystems"
	moused_flags="-r 300 -a 2.0 -z 4"

Is is for a "MouseSystems" serial mouse with the additional
feature of emulating the wheel with the middle mouse button.

Nothing of this "strange stuff" should be needed for USB mice,
as they are typically detected and configured automatically
by devd or devfs, which invokes moused with the required options
(if any).

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany