operation not permitted on entropy file

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Tue Aug 12 02:32:31 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 06:39:12PM +0200, Polytropon wrote:

> After being done in single user mode, type "exit" to
> continue booting to multi user mode. Then press Ctrl+Alt+PF2
> and login with your user name and password - in text mode.
> Use the editor of choice to create a capture file, for
> example
>
> 	% ee /tmp/fsck.txt
>
> Then press Alt+F1 to see the virtual console where the
> output of the booting process has been written to. Press
> Scroll Lock, then use the arrow keys to scroll up to where
> fsck wrote its messages. Select the first 25 lines with
> the left mouse button, switch over to Alt+PF2 (editor)
> and paste the text with the middle mouse button. Then
> return to Alt+PF1, scroll down, and capture the next
> portion of the text, back to Alt+PF2, paste - until you
> have reached the "exit" command. Now save the file and
> send the text to the mailing list.

Oh, so scroll lock is the secret to making this work? I had no idea.

Wouldn't the copy and paste operation require moused? I have an issue
here because I haven't figured out how to get moused to recognize my
USB mouse (which is strange: it does this just fine on my notebook).

--
David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org>
See https://parts-unknown.org/node/2 if you don't understand the