operation not permitted on entropy file

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Sun Aug 10 08:57:15 UTC 2014

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 10:45:23AM +0200, Polytropon wrote:

> Those could be side-effects on the file system that were caused
> by the dfective RAM module. That's why the suggestion to forcedly
> check the integrity of all file systems is a very good advice.

Fortunately, there's only one.

> Examination of the hardware is also a thing worth looking into,
> for example, voltages, temperatures, and CPU "correctness".

I'm wondering how to do this. The system does have an SMBus, but the
smb module doesn't create /dev/smb0 and the tool--I'm forgetting the
command name--that will identify the hardware on a system suggests
that it's too recent a version to be fully accurate with.

Thanks!
--
David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org>
See https://parts-unknown.org/node/2 if you don't understand the