operation not permitted on entropy file

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun Aug 10 08:45:29 UTC 2014

On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 01:34:41 -0700, David Benfell wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 08:58:44AM +0100, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> > On 10/08/2014 08:02, David Benfell wrote:
> > > Something seems very much to have gone awry:
> > >
> > What you need to do here is reboot into single user mode (or boot from
> > install media into a shell) and run fsck(8) on your partitions
> > repeatedly until fsck reports a clean filesystem.  The commands will be
> > something like:
> >
> >     # fsck -f /dev/ada0p1
> >

> Thanks! I'm working on the backup now. I still need to get to the
> bottom of these crashes, though. They're still happening even after
> removing the bad memory card.

Those could be side-effects on the file system that were caused
by the dfective RAM module. That's why the suggestion to forcedly
check the integrity of all file systems is a very good advice.
Examination of the hardware is also a thing worth looking into,
for example, voltages, temperatures, and CPU "correctness".

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany