upgrade to 10 for zfs ?

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Wed Aug 6 13:58:19 UTC 2014

Hi everybody,

I've (in production) a file server running FreeBSD 9.1-p8. The only thing
this server does is file-server. Not event through nfs just keep all file.

All data file system is using ZFS. I got pretty big (or let's say not
small) pool (150To) and the server got 48Go of Ram.

Since we using zfs send/received from a another server I got daily a zfs
core dump. I failed to find which process make this core-dump but it's
definitvly zfs :

pid 23943 (zfs), uid 0: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)
pid 70462 (zfs), uid 0: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)
pid 71042 (zfs), uid 0: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)

I check every zfs file system and don't find any corup data.

One of the zfs sender is running FreeBSD 10 the other linux/Debian.

What's you advise ? Should I upgrade to FreeBSD 10. ?

Regards

JAS

--
Albert SHIH