automount ....

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Sun Aug 3 14:01:27 UTC 2014

On 08/03/14 06:20, Daniel Feenberg wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Aug 2014, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
>

>> .... I am interested in using automount (amd) as both client & server
>> on my newly minted FreeBSD 9.3 box. Actually, the server part already
>> .... just works, automagically, however I can't figure out anything
>> about client operations. The man page is dense & a quart low on
>> examples .... Anyone have any clues, maybe some simple config files ?
>> TIA ....
>
> I am not sure what you mean by client and server in the context of
> amd, but I did write an amd on FreeBSD tutorial years ago, which still
> reads well:
>
>   http://www.nber.org/sys-admin/amd.html
>
> Daniel Feenberg

Nice read, I notice that some of your info seems to be in the default
amd setup now. I also notice that the man pages are a bit dated (Apr 21,
2006), Are there any plans to update that :-) ? I got amd running, it
seems to work OK, except that it drops a mount after 5 min. active or
not. I can't see anything to twiddle in the amd.conf file, any clues ?
TIA ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III