Spam to list participants (from openhosting.com & softcom.com)

David Joyce davidj at softcom.com
Tue Apr 29 21:29:05 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am a representative from the myhosting.com (SoftCom) abuse department, which is responsible for the IP ranges mentioned:

168.144.0.0/16
192.30.160.0/20
216.224.169.0/24

Please understand that we in no way condone this type of activity on our servers. However also be aware that we do not actively police or monitor the content/activity that users of our virtual private servers are doing. Doing so is an invasion of privacy and also not practical.

Since we did not receive any notifications about this spam since roughly a day ago, we were not made aware of the activity. I think that Ronald F. Guilmette is being a bit premature in asking to have our entire network blacklisted without any prior notification of the activity.

In any case, if you do notice spam activity from our network do send us a notification including a copy of the message & offending IP address to abuse at myhosting.com<mailto:abuse at myhosting.com> and the issue will be promptly dealt with.

Regards,
David J.
myhosting.com Abuse Department