CD/DVD vs Donation to FBSD Foundation

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 03:59:56 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 10:36 PM, JJ Jumpercables <jj.jumpercables at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I guess this is a stupid question, but I was just curious for peoples
> opinions really...
>
> As a FreeBSD user (without much disposable income) who'd like to
> contribute a little to the project, do you go for the CD set and
> stickers from FreeBSD Mall or do you donate the equivalent amount to
> the Foundation directly?
>
> I guess I'm leaning towards the cd/stickers, if only to get a little
> "FreeBSD Swag" since I'm never in a position to travel to BSDCan (much
> less outside the U.S. to AsiaBSDCon, etc).
>
> What do others do?

Assuming you want FreeSBD to be known and are that you are involved in an
active community, stickers are a great way.  Otherwise a direct
contribution is probably best.  Swag is good for some either way.  I don't
think anyone will judge your choice.  We are all happy to have another
on-board.

--
Adam