FBSD jail versus VMWare? What services do YOU run in a jail?

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Fri Apr 25 12:05:34 UTC 2014

Fbsd8 wrote:

> As the number of running jails increase the
> difficultly of managing them also increases. ezjail has no provisions
> to address this problem. qjail on the other hand is designed from the
> ground floor to simplify the administration of large scale jail
> environments [1 to 2000+ jails].

Where can I read more about the unique and advanced features of qjail
missing in ezjail?

I am especialy interested in features which help update and upgrade
multiple jails and software therein.

I must admit it's a bit of PITA in ezjail when it comes to upgrading
third party software. I have set up a pkg repository for that purpose,
but still I have to visit each jail individually and run "pkg upgrade"
from inside.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru