10.0 + pkgng + php5

Reko Turja reko.turja at liukuma.net
Sat Apr 19 16:46:23 UTC 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Seaman

>On 19/04/2014 15:59, Fbsd8 wrote:
>> Under the pkgng system can not find basic php5 which used to be
>> /lang/php5 under cvs. When I look at
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=php5&stype=all&sektion=lang
>> there is nothing but extensions. What I am looking for is php5 with the

> Alternatively, try using nginx + php-fpm -- this runs your PHP code as
> an FCGI application, which has a number of security advantages over the
> traditional apache+mod_php 'run it in the process exposed on the net'
> style.  It's also blazingly fast...

Or alternatively run PHP as fastcgi/fpm module under Apache. It's maybe not
that fast as NGINX but performs decently enough with similar added security
aspect (and you can run apache and php threaded without signal 11's then as
well). In addition it has additional advantage of not having to adapt
complex .htaccess scripts into NGINX config file format.

-Reko