10.0 + pkgng + php5

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 19 16:09:59 UTC 2014

On 19/04/2014 15:59, Fbsd8 wrote:
> Under the pkgng system can not find basic php5 which used to be
> /lang/php5 under cvs. When I look at
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=php5&stype=all&sektion=lang
> there is nothing but extensions. What I am looking for is php5 with the
> apache module enabled. Should I be looking at some other website for
> descriptions of pkgng packages?

There's a separate new port www/mod_php5 with the apache loadable module
now.  Just install that and you should be good to go.

Alternatively, try using nginx + php-fpm -- this runs your PHP code as
an FCGI application, which has a number of security advantages over the
traditional apache+mod_php 'run it in the process exposed on the net'
style.  It's also blazingly fast...

 	Cheers,

	Matthew

--