The source code of *BSD contains the comment ?Does this belong here??

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Fri Apr 18 13:39:43 UTC 2014

In freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 515, Issue 9, Message: 11
On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 07:51:08 -0400 kpneal at pobox.com wrote:
 > On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 04:44:48PM -0500, Paul Schmehl wrote:
[..]
 > > # grep -r "doesn't belong" /usr/src/*

Or any other commentary along the lines of "this is broken" or "is this
right?" or "XXX dirty code alert" or whatever you can imagine; it's all
in there somewhere.  Maybe $someone could design an AI machine to churn
through the comments looking for derogatory, self-deprecating, admission
of non-omniscience or otherwise unseemly comments and ROOT THEM OUT! :-)

[..]

 > > /usr/src/games/fortune/datfiles/fortunes-o.real:Which of the following
 > > doesn't belong?
 > > /usr/src/games/fortune/datfiles/fortunes:	chute doesn't belong to anyone,
 > > ever.
 >
 > Oh come on. The fortune utility is a cute toy that serves no practical
 > use. Comments in the messages it can print say _nothing_ about the quality
 > of the source base.

In over 15 years, I've never seen a fortune.core  Rock solid, here :-)

cheers, Ian