Possible? - FBSD 10 and Apache on CF Soekris?

Maciej Milewski milu at dat.pl
Mon Apr 14 13:36:04 UTC 2014

On 14.04.2014 15:07, edflecko . wrote:
> I'd like to, if it's realistically possible, run my personal web site with
> Apache and PHP (in ezjail) on a Soekris with only a compact flash. It's one
> of the Soekris models that only comes with a CF - it can't use a disk. The
> CF I have is a 4Gb, but I could buy a larger one if needed. I'll use PF as
> the firewall.
>
> I'm hoping to run an install of FBSD and have enough room to, of course, do
> patches, updates, etc.
>
> What do you think? Is this possible? Would it work O.K. for just a personal
> webserver?
>
> Comments? Suggestions?
>
> Thank you,
> Ed
Ed,
As for storage space on 4GB should be enough to run such scenario.
Depend on software needed to run and serve.
How much RAM you have there? This would be the main problem to run it
efficiently.
Other than that you should try to run it and see if that works for you.
Maybe replacing apache for lighttpd or other lighter webserver would be
better option?

--
Pozdrawiam,
Maciej Milewski