Contributing to FreeBSD

Fernando Apesteguía fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 11:59:57 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 1:46 PM, karan garg <karangarg31 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am an open source enthusiast and new to freeBSD community. I am an RHCE
> and have a reasonable knowledge of linux administration, database, Bash
> Scripting, and C/C++.
>
> I want to contribute to the community. I have gone through the FreeBSD
> handbook, and list of various projects under the community. However, I was
> unable to determine a suitable project for me to get started. So, I would
> really appreciate if you could help me find a project that would require my
> field of knowledge.

I suppose that depends on your interests and your habilities.

You can check the Ideas Page:

https://wiki.freebsd.org/IdeasPage

Ports need work too, so you can try to port something new that people want:

https://wiki.freebsd.org/WantedPorts

or adopt an orphaned port:

Contributing documentation is always welcomed AFAIK.

Cheers.