How to ask a DNS resolver listening on a different port than the tcp/udp 53

Laurent SALIN salin.laurent at laposte.net
Sat Sep 28 20:31:46 UTC 2013

Le 28.09.2013 21:28, Mike. a écrit :
> The way I solved this problem on my setup, I assigned another IP
> address to the network interface via ifconfig alias.
>
> I put the authoritative namesever on one IP address, and the
> recursive nameserver on the other IP address.
>
> They both are still listening on port 53, but on different IP
> addresses.

hi,
If I could it would be just fine.
I got only one public IPv4 with each VPS. I've got a IPv6 too but I'm
not easy with IPv6 yet.

The provider (Tilaa) where I rent one of the 2 VPS, the one who may need
2 IPv4, is a bit short about his range of IPv4 and I guess it's not
raisonable to ask for a second IPv4 just for my personal use in case of
studying *BSD and networking stuff, I don't have a professional use here.

Thanks.

Laurent SALIN