math "formulae" using libreoffice

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Wed Nov 20 00:10:20 UTC 2013

Of_Interest: With 27 years  of service  to the  Unix  community.

	a bit OT; I'll explain  if anybody is curious.

	whoever can answer this is a wizard of creating mathematical
	symbol in the "formula" section of openoffice/libreoffice.
	my  shoulder is really getting too sore for more trial/error.

	Anybody know how I would create the symbols (using "S" and "lim")
	to convey:

	int from {X} to {Y}
	lim as X approaches infinity

	??

	note that the "S" is the integral symbol.  I dont know what text
	to write for the "limit" part.

	tia,

	gary

	PS:  in my 6 or so  undergrad math courses I used an electric
	typewriter with something that must have driven the TA's nuts:

             Twenty-seven years of service to the Unix community.
                            http://www.thought.org/HOPE