bug in dhclient / dhclient.conf / dhcp-options parser?

CeDeROM cederom at tlen.pl
Tue Nov 19 14:58:08 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Lowell Gilbert
<freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
> See the manual ("man 5 dhcp-options").
>
>                                                          Options which are not
>      listed by name may be defined by the name option-nnn, where nnn is the
>      decimal number of the option code.
>
> You can only specify options by number if the dhcp client doesn't know
> the syntax/semantics for that particular option.

Hello Gilbert :-) I know that document already :-) There is neither
"vendor-class-identifier" nor "user-class" options in the basic
FreeBSD DHCP Client, so I want to use option-060 and option-077 but
none of those work (I also tired option-60 and option-77 with no
result), while other values work (i.e. option-088 or option-123), this
is the problem :-)

These options work in isc-42-dhcp-client, so there seems to be
something wrong with native DHCP Client...

Best regards,
Tomek