Updating from 9.2 to 10.0-BETA3 Issues..

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Thu Nov 14 15:19:58 UTC 2013

"Howard Leadmon" <howard at leadmon.net> writes:

> [...]

The tools in your base system are updated. Now you need to update your
ports. You need to update all of them, because some of them are also
tools, which are used to build other ports. Rebuilding all your ports has
been a recommended step in the procedure for doing a major-version upgrade
for a very long time. It's generally *not* needed otherwise. Removing the
old libraries is best postponed until *after* that.

Good luck.