Installing ezjail and poudriere on same host

Michael Grimm trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de
Thu Nov 7 19:49:06 UTC 2013

On 07.11.2013, at 17:16, bsd at todoo.biz wrote:

> Since poudriere also uses jail mechanism, I wanted to know if anyone has already used both on the same base host ?
> I would like to avoid potential conflicts between two running instances both using jail mechanism in very different ways.

I do use ezjail to deal with all my service jails besides poudriere without any issues.

If you do direct poudriere's repository into ezjail's basejail directory ...

	POUDRIERE_DATA=/path-to-ezjail/basejail/poudriere

... you are able to omit a webserver for fetching your packages within all your jails running on your host. YMMV if poudriere's repository is meant to serve multiple hosts, though.

Regards,
Michael