Release 9.1 and 3G usb Modem

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 20:18:11 UTC 2013

On Windows, install the modem drivers and make it usable.
Then connect to the port on which it is installed using putty or
HyperTerminal. I am hoping you know how to do that.
Then type the commands:

at^u2diag=0 <ENTER>
atz <ENTER>

Disconnect modem and connect to FreeBSD. You will see the modem correctly
identified and connected to a port.

On Windows, when you go to Hardware->Device Manager, look at the Serial
ports available. One of them MUST be the one the modem is using!

On 27 March 2013 23:09, Leonardo Santagostini <lsantagostini at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello Odhiambo .
>
> The 3G model is Huawei E173 with Movistar Argentina.
>
> Ive tried but i cant see in windows de USB port to have a serial link :(
>
> Saludos / Regards
>  Leonardo Santagostini
>

> 2013/3/27 Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com>
>

>> On 27 March 2013 16:29, Leonardo Santagostini <lsantagostini at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all.
>>>
>>> I have a latitude e6400 with FreeBSD Release 9.1. And i can't get the USB
>>> modem working.
>>>
>>> I tried with umodem, u3g but no luck :(
>>>

>> [snip]
>>

>>> ugen7.2: <HUAWEI> at usbus7
>>> ugen7.2: <HUAWEI> at usbus7 (disconnected)