Client Authentication

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Sun Mar 24 08:25:16 UTC 2013

On 24 March 2013, at 01:10, Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa at gmail.com> wrote:

> You might consider disabling external smtp auth service and using ssh tunnel to server to connect to mail. Also provide web based convenience service.

I am not convinced that a ssh tunnel is going to be easy for my users.  We do provide a web based mail client, but I wouldn't describe it as convenient.  I find it a pain in the neck, but so many users requested it that we provide it.  It is password authenticated but so slow it will never be attacked with password guessing.

> It might be interesting to encrypt mail to the user's cloud service that operates in a gpg zone. I think this operation could be mostly transparent to the user, so kids and granpamas can use it without concern.

This one I don't understand.  Can you provide pointers to this type of service?