mutt and http//url???

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Sat Mar 23 01:41:56 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 08:39:07PM -0400, Karl Vogel wrote:
> >> On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 14:36:15 -0700,
> >> Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> said:
>
> G> in the past couple years i've sub'd to the nytimes and other places
> G> where the http string is several dozens of bytes.  in my mutt at least,
> G> there are "+" marks embedded at the beginning of each new lines.  so
> G> that when i mouse lick on the url,
>
>    Don't lick your mouse.  That's gross.

	but it was so tasty! 'specially with chocolatte syrup.

> G> i almost invariably get either Nothing from my browswer, or the wrong
> G> page.
>
>    You might want to try urlview, bound to Ctrl-B in mutt by default.  It's a
>    screen-oriented program for extracting URLs from text files, putting
>    them in a menu, and letting you run a command to view a specific item.
>
>    If you're on a FreeBSD system, it's in /usr/ports/textproc/urlview.

	this was one of the things I tried.  I followed the instructions
	exactly--with urlview and ^B.  eventually I wound up with the
	list but it was hard to decide which was the text!

	maybe leave o ne konsole wide open on my 4th workspace

> --
> Karl Vogel                      I don't speak for the USAF or my company
>
> Oh, to be only half as wonderful as my child thought I was when he was small,
> and only half as stupid as my teenager now thinks I am.    --Rebecca Richards

              Twenty-six years of service to the Unix community.