How To Get App To Start At Boot?

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Tue Mar 19 21:13:17 UTC 2013

I installed Splunk which is not part of the ports tree.  It's a
proprietary app that I downloaded and installed on it's own.  I start it
with '/usr/local/splunk/bin/splunk start'.  It should also be stopped
with '/usr/local/splunk/bin/splunk stop'.  In an attempt to automate it,
I created this symlink in /usr/local/etc/rc.d:

lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel    28 Mar  3 12:32 splunk ->
/usr/local/splunk/bin/splunk

However it's still not automatic.  I can run '/usr/local/etc/rc.d/splunk
start' at the command line and that works.

What do I need to do to get this automated?

Thanks,

Drew

--
Like card tricks?