Problems Printing

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr jnagyjr1978 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 20:16:58 UTC 2013

On 03/11/13 15:08, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Monday, March 11, 2013 a las 02:49:24PM -0500, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr escribió:

> What kind of software does this scree shows? And why do you think with
> this that CUPS is setup as it should?

> yes it sees some printer with this name 'PIXMA...', nothing more;

> this shows that the software is using the lpr(1) command from base
> system, but not the lpr command of CUPS;

>>> http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Canon/Canon-PIXMA_MP210
>>
>> http://www.joseph-a-nagy-jr.us/images/problems/still-no-luck_cups.png
>
> it shows that you have NOT configured the printer PIXMA as a Generic
> Postscript printer (as I said)! Please, drop all sofisticated PPD stuff, use Generic
> (generated) Postscript PPD and ensure first that the CUPS test page
> comes out (from the web interface) and after this, test from lpr-command
> line from shell.
>
> I think, I'm repeating me
>
> 	matthias

You're only repeating yourself because you missed the post where I
ALREADY DID THAT.
--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL
http://copyfree.org/licenses/owl/license.txt