day light saving time happened today

Ben Cottrell tamino at wolfhut.org
Sun Mar 10 21:06:41 UTC 2013

On Mar 10, 2013, at 10:37, Fbsd8 <fbsd8 at a1poweruser.com> wrote:
> day light saving time happened early sunday morning and the time shown by the date command is still one hour behind. I just did a clean 9.1 install from cdrom and selected the correct time zone for my location.

The DST change worked fine for me...!

I'm curious what it prints if you run the command:

find /usr/share/zoneinfo -type f -print | xargs md5 | grep `md5 -q /etc/localtime`

It used to be that /etc/localtime was, by convention if
nothing else, a symlink so you could easily see what it pointed
to, but not anymore... the above is the easiest way I can think
of to figure out what time zone your system is *really* set to.

Yes, it should have happened automatically. There's no special
setting you have to enable. It should have "just worked". So
my suspicion is that your /etc/localtime isn't pointing to
what you think it's pointing to...

	~Ben