FreeBSD 9 and Windows XP

leeoliveshackelford at surewest.net leeoliveshackelford at surewest.net
Sat Mar 9 20:11:10 UTC 2013

Good afternoon, FreeBSD enthusiasts.  Can FreeBSD 9.1 be installed on a computer on which Windows XP currently resides?  If so, how can this installation be done?  In particular, is there a way to install 9.1 so that it can be booted from the traditional master boot record?  It is important that, when I am done, I can still boot to Windows XP, as I must run some applications not available on FreeBSD.  If the idea I am proposing is not feasible with version 9.1, will it work with 8.3?  Any comments are appreciated.  If this question has already been asked many times before, please just let me know where to look to find the answer.  Thanks.  Newbie502