Problems Printing

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Mar 5 12:49:52 UTC 2013

El día Tuesday, March 05, 2013 a las 06:38:24AM -0600, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr escribió:

> >> # date | lpr -Pfoo
> >> lpr: The printer or class does not exist.
> >
> > what is the name of your printer in CUPS? You named it "foo"?
> > Please try it to configure as well as a Generic Postscript printer;
> >
> > 	matthias
> >

> Sorry, I haven't had sleep for 24 hours. It's named PIXMA.

then the test is

$ date | lpr -PPIXMA

	matthias

--
Sent from my FreeBSD netbook

Matthias Apitz               |  - No system with backdoors like Apple/Android
E-mail: guru at unixarea.de     |  - Never being an iSlave
WWW: http://www.unixarea.de/ |  - No proprietary attachments, no HTML/RTF in E-mail
phone: +49-170-4527211       |  - Respect for open standards