Problems Printing

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Mar 5 11:36:19 UTC 2013

El día Tuesday, March 05, 2013 a las 05:30:44AM -0600, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr escribió:

> >> WITH_CUPS=YES
> >> CUPS_OVERWRITE_BASE=YES
> >> WITHOUT_LPR=YES
> >>
> >> Then rebuild the system and re-install CUPS and all would be well. I
> >> did it and it worked so I guess it was okay to do. Was that info
> >> actually correct or did I just luck out?
> >
> > yes, correct; this will a) not install lpr in the base system, but b)
> > allow later CUPS to do a symlink from /usr/bin/lpr to
> > /usr/local/bin/lpr;
> >
> > I did not want to send the OP to a complete rebuild for such a small
> > issue :-)
> >
> > 	matthias
> >

> Not a small issue for me, tbh, and libffi, pcre, and icu I pretty much
> do the same for. buildworld and installworld, then?

no; just fix the problem as I said in my first reply;

	matthias

--
Sent from my FreeBSD netbook

Matthias Apitz               |  - No system with backdoors like Apple/Android
E-mail: guru at unixarea.de     |  - Never being an iSlave
WWW: http://www.unixarea.de/ |  - No proprietary attachments, no HTML/RTF in E-mail
phone: +49-170-4527211       |  - Respect for open standards