Problems Printing

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr jnagyjr1978 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 11:30:49 UTC 2013

On 03/05/13 05:10, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Tuesday, March 05, 2013 a las 05:46:01AM -0500, Jerry escribió:
>
>>> Looks like you have FreeBSD's lpr(1) in front of CUPS' lpr(1) in
>>> /usr/local/bin/lpr in your PATH; just do as root:
>>>
>>> # chmod 0000 /usr/bin/lpr
>>
>> A long time ago, I don't remember by whom or when, I was told to put
>> this in the "/etc/make.conf" file:
>>
>> WITH_CUPS=YES
>> CUPS_OVERWRITE_BASE=YES
>> WITHOUT_LPR=YES
>>
>> Then rebuild the system and re-install CUPS and all would be well. I
>> did it and it worked so I guess it was okay to do. Was that info
>> actually correct or did I just luck out?
>
> yes, correct; this will a) not install lpr in the base system, but b)
> allow later CUPS to do a symlink from /usr/bin/lpr to
> /usr/local/bin/lpr;
>
> I did not want to send the OP to a complete rebuild for such a small
> issue :-)
>
> 	matthias

Not a small issue for me, tbh, and libffi, pcre, and icu I pretty much
do the same for. buildworld and installworld, then?

--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL
http://copyfree.org/licenses/owl/license.txt