ALT key problem with Virtual Box?

Scott Ballantyne sdb at ssr.com
Sat Jun 29 17:06:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm running Windows 7 under VirtualBox 4.2.6_OSE, and it seems the ALT
key doesn't work. I need to use Photoshop, and there are a few
operations that require a combination of holding down the ALT key and
using a left-mouse-button click.

I've googled and found reports on Linux from 2011 of this problem, but
none of the solutions I've tried have fixed the problem. I'm using
Gnome as my window manager, if that has any bearing on the issue.

Anybody here found a solution, or have an idea?

Thanks very much for any help.

Scott
sdb at ssr.com