Problem in installing textproc/asciidoc

Olivier Nicole olivier.nicole at cs.ait.ac.th
Tue Jun 25 03:20:05 UTC 2013

Hi,

Thank you.

>> On new 9.1 systems, textproc/asciidoc is being installed as dependency
>> to many other ports.
>>
>> But the make install fails with the error:
>>
>> installing Vim files in //usr/local/share/vim/vimfiles
>                           ^
> Two slashes here?

That's a copy from the make install, don't ask me why there are two slashes.

>> cp: /usr/local/ETC/asciidoc.conf.sample: No such file or directory
>                  ^^^
>
> Is this correct? In my opinion, the correct path name
> should be /usr/local/etc/, _not_ in caps!

Ditto, but there lies the problem, the sample configuration files get
installed in /usr/local/etc/asciidoc, but then the Makefile tries to
copy the .conf.sample file into .conf and at this stage, it searches
for the files in /usr/local/ETC.

I'll write to the maintener of the post.

Best regards,

Olivier