USB can't mount msdosfs drive

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Jun 5 20:03:57 UTC 2013

On Wed, 5 Jun 2013 15:12:19 -0400, Joseph Mays wrote:
> root at warehouse:/backups # mount_msdosfs -o large /dev/da2s1 /usb2
> mount_msdosfs: /dev/da2s1: Invalid argument

Just a wild guess, without having tried any reference test
on my side, but did you already try to access da2 instead
of da2s1? _Sometimes_ (and I can't even tell you at _what_
times) a FAT (msdosfs) formatted media can be mounted in
that specific way (even though I assume that in such a
case, no slice device would be present - but as I said,
just a guess maybe worth a try).

	# mount_msdosfs /dev/da2 /usb2

But just to be fully sure: This is a USB stick / thumb
drive, right? It's not some internal card reader (which
would probably require "re-tasting")? Just asking to make
sure I haven't missed this fact while reading...

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany