prevent ip conflict in dhcp client

krad kraduk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 11:42:34 UTC 2013

alter the pool rand on the network to use say, x.x.x.1-199 on a /24, and
then allocate your statics >200 but <= 254 or add something similar to your
isc-dhcp config

host host.intranet {
  hardware ethernet c8:60:33:1d:f3:57;
  fixed-address 192.168.210.81;
  option host-name "host.intranet";
 }

Alternatively use ipv6 as the automatic ip address configuration tests
exactly like you commented on