any way to stop boot2 from waiting for keypress at system startup

takCoder tak.official at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 06:35:43 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,

i wanna stop boot2 from getting a input string to change default boot
point.. is there any way around, other than changing boot2.c source code to
disable this feature??

As you may know, on system-startup, if you press any key, you will see the
following prompt, waiting for you to enter related string:
FreeBSD/x86 boot
Default: 0:ad(0,a)
boot:

I checked it and found out that i can change boot2.c file to disable this
section.. but I'd rather find another way.. Would you please let me know
whether there are any other ways to do so?

Thank you all in advance :)

Best Regards,
takCoder