How to fix a broken owner for files from world & build from ports?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jan 29 14:29:59 UTC 2013

> I'm surprised, there's no /bin/sh for the backup:
> # ls -ld /bin/sh
> -r-xr-xr-x  1 rocketmouse  wheel  142952 Dec 23 18:38 /bin/sh
> # ls -ld /usr/TMP4DIFF/bin/sh
> ls: /usr/TMP4DIFF/bin/sh: No such file or directory

This is an error in reasoning :D. I compared the original /bin, with a
restore from /usr, so it seems to be /bin, but it is /usr/bin ;).

I have to keep the system as it is for at least a day, need to do
something different and than I can continue, when I'm refreshed.

root at freebsd:/usr/TMP4DIFF/ROOT # ls -l bin/sh
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  142952 Dec 23 18:38 bin/sh

:D

There definitively is need for a real rest, to avoid mistakes.

--
Sent from my PC while wearing my Relox watch and Iccug handback.
If you pay me, product placement for your lemon could be placed here too,