Suspend caused trouble

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Mon Jan 28 20:36:57 UTC 2013

Hi :)

today I tried suspend for the first time. While I was off I had an idea,
how to fix an issue for my install. When I was home again, I wanted to
start FreeBSD, but now I've got an additional problem.

It always starts with the GRUB menu and what ever I do, it ends in
single user mode, with

"Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:"

I'm using Xfce, but GNOME is installed too. The display manager is GDM.

Until now I didn't read much and I didn't try to switch to the user,
after a mount -a and then to start GDM or X.

Perhaps this is a known issue. How can I start a Xfce session?

Regards,
Ralf

PS:
FWIW, I don't think it's related, but just in case that this made
suspend to fail, the other issue is, that some files in /usr that
shouldn't be owned by the user, are owned by the user.