Editors are broken after update

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sun Jan 20 13:20:14 UTC 2013

Since I only run "mcedit" without a file, the error message is grotesque
and btw.

$ ls -l /usr/home
total 2
drwxr-xr-x  26 rocketmouse  rocketmouse  1536 Jan 20 13:07 rocketmouse
$ ls -l /home
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  8 Dec 18 19:19 /home -> usr/home

Thank you for the hints. I take the issues with a good portion of humor.

This might explain why you're confused regarding to the /home path:

$ cat /etc/fstab
# Device		Mountpoint	FStype	Options		Dump	Pass#
/dev/ad4s1b		none		swap	sw		0	0
/dev/ad4s1a		/		ufs	rw		1	1
/dev/ad4s1e		/tmp		ufs	rw		2	2
/dev/ad4s1f		/usr		ufs	rw		2	2
/dev/ad4s1d		/var		ufs	rw		2	2
/dev/acd0		/cdrom		cd9660	ro,noauto	0	0
#proc                   /proc           procfs  rw              0       0

$ mc

does start midnight commander, but if I push "4 Edit" I get the same error
message.

I did "dump -0Launf [...]" everything and will continue later. Hopefully
with some fun, when starting with audio, instead of mcedit.

To be continued.

Regards,
Ralf